Monday 21 February 2011

Chocolate production and child slave labour, yes it is happening.

I watched this on CBC a few months ago, coincidentally right after baking a whole shwack of chocolate Christmas treats. It made me never want to eat chocolate again. How can this be happening and barely anyone knows about it. I really want to post things that people can do something about, but sometimes there has to be awareness about the problem before anything can even happen to make things better.  
Chocolate The Bitter Truth 
Watch the whole documentary here:
http://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/passionateeyeshowcase/video.html?ID=1695580327

1 comment:

Brighter Scribe said...

This is so sad. It makes me feel so guilty for even thinking about eating chocolate. I can't even imagine. What is the alternative? I hope they run this documentary again. It is definitely something I will watch.

Post a Comment