Thursday 5 May 2011

Girls' Night Out

I am so excited, I get to go out on Saturday night! I don't go out very often, it's hard to find the time, and organizing with my mom friends is difficult because everyone almost always has something else going on. But this weekend has been planned for quite awhile, thanks to my friend Brighter Scribe. It's her birthday celebration and we are doing it up in style (we'll, not like limos and champagne kind of style, we're not made of money, but moms out on the town kind of style). We are going out to dinner (I get to have my favorite drink, a Bellini, or two) and then DANCING!!! I can't wait to dance my but off.

I go dancing a couple of times a year, and usually to my favorite club. It's just the right mix of people, not all young kids and not all old farts, and it's not pretentious or snooty. People don't look at you weird for being a 30 something mom, out on the dance floor, shaking your stuff. Which is not always the case at a lot of clubs in Vancouver. And another great thing about this place is the music is perfect. Saturdays are 80's night and I can dance to pretty much any song that comes on (and I usually do). Last time I went with my sister-in-law, we stayed until closing time (3 am), and we seriously danced for 3 hours straight. It felt so good, to let loose and have some freedom. I remember back in the day I would go dancing 2 to 3 times a week, and boy was I in good shape (which is another story). Now I'm lucky if it's 2 to 3 times a year. But don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade my life now, for the life I had back then. I feel extremely happy with what I have and who I am, I just like visiting with my old life here and there. Because, though I am a wife and a SAHM, I am also a dancing queen, and I will always be, no matter what.


Let me leave you with a little question, would you drag your kids out after school to the mall to get yourself a new shirt for your GNO, even thought you know you won't be able to find one because of all of the wining and complaining that will happen during the outing? Or would you dig some old thing out of your closet to save yourself the trouble of said mall excruciation, I mean excursion? That's the debate going on in my head right now... 

I'll let you know how it all turns out  : ) 

 Photo Credit