Tuesday 15 March 2011

The Bachelor - The Final Rose - Review


I have to say congratulations to Brad and Emily, I hope they have a wonderful life together. I hope they make it through the rough patch and come out of the process a stronger couple. Their engagement was really touching and emotional and I hope they can hang on to that love. It's been really funny reviewing this show (my guilty pleasure), because I've never done this kind of thing before, but I enjoyed it.

It's always a bittersweet ending when the show is over. I am so happy for Emily, but soooo sad for Chantal. I really liked her, I liked her spunk and zest for life. She has great energy and she carried herself through this difficult process with integrity. I knew Brad was going to pick Emily, but I kept rooting for Chantal in my mind because I liked her so much. Not that I didn't like Emily, because Emily is so sweet, and adorable and kindhearted. But I just felt something more for Chantal, it was an understanding. It's like I knew what she was feeling, falling for someone so hard, and the spark seemed so real, and then not having that love returned. As women I think most of us have been there, I know I have (along time ago, in my early 20s when I was searching for that someone special, and it seemed to take forever to find him). Chantal was so relate-able that I had to root for her, she reminded me of myself. I was surprised to hear, during the After The Final Rose show, that she is already seeing someone new. Good for her, but hopefully she is really over Brad enough to be in a new relationship, because she didn't quite look that way. I'm sure it was all very fresh seeing him again and now that she has closure, hopefully she can move on and really be happy. Good luck to her.

One thing I especially liked about the After The Final Rose show was seeing the couples that stayed together. I think my favorite couple is Ali and Roberto. I loved their season, it was so romantic, and Roberto is such an amazing guy. Ali is very lucky to have found him! All of the couples' advice to Brad and Emily was great and as a fan it's always nice to get an update. So I am glad that this season is over and I can have my Monday nights back. Until May anyways, when Ashley will be the new Bachelorette.

Photo Credit